Gallbladder Disease in Houston, TX
Ready to Consult a GI Physician?Find a Provider
What is gallbladder disease?
The gallbladder is an organ responsible for storing and releasing bile to facilitate digestion. The term "gallbladder disease" refers to various problems and disorders that negatively affect the gallbladder. These include:
- Biliary dyskinesia: Decreased gallbladder function
- Choledocholithiasis: A situation where a gallstone is caught in the exit route of the gallbladder. If this arises, the gallbladder might become inflamed.
- Acalculous gallbladder disease: When the gallbladder becomes inflamed without the presence of gallstones.
- Cholecystitis: An inflammation of the gallbladder that is frequently the result of gallstones. Over time, the gallbladder can decrease in size and lose its ability to secrete bile.
- Sclerosing cholangitis: Chronic inflammation and damage to the bile duct system that results in scar tissue to form.
- Gallstones: Solid particles that can block the path to the gallbladder and bile ducts.
If you develop a condition of the gallbladder such as any of the conditions listed here, it is helpful to have an experienced gastroenterologist guide you through your treatment. At Gastroenterology Consultants, we can make certain you get the services you require. To get treatment for gallbladder disease in Houston, TX, please get in touch with a location near you to request an appointment.
What are the causes of gallbladder disease?
Most gallbladder concerns stem from the formation of gallstones, small crystalline structures that may develop when cholesterol and other substances found in liver bile clot. A patient also may have tumors that inhibit the bile from draining properly, blood vessel issues, or infection. No matter the source of your gallbladder disease, you can get expert help at a Gastroenterology Consultants location in your area. Our providers can evaluate your condition and guide you to the appropriate option for treatment.
What are the symptoms of gallbladder disease?
Common symptoms of gallbladder disease include:
- Throwing up
- Pain that radiates to your back or right shoulder
- Tenderness in the abdomen
- Significant abdominal discomfort, especially in your center or upper right portion of the abdomen
Should you experience any of the worrisome gastrointestinal symptoms listed above, don't hesitate to reach out to a Gastroenterology Consultants location without delay to request a consultation.
How is gallbladder disease treated?
The most effective way to lower your risk of developing gallstones is to maintain a healthy weight, bring your weight down gradually if recommended, and keep up a healthy standard of living. Several gallbladder diseases can be identified through a basic ultrasound. In some cases, your provider may order further imaging scans such as an MRI or CT scan. When treatment for gallbladder disease is required, potential treatments involve:
- Cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder)
- Medications to dissolve gallstones
- Fasting (this can allow an inflamed gallbladder to rest and decrease inflammation)
- Pain medications
If you or a member of your family are seeking treatment for gallbladder disease in Houston, TX, we can help you review your options for care.
Personalized gallbladder disease treatment
The gastroenterology health providers at Gastroenterology Consultants have a wealth of experience in identifying and treating gallbladder problems like gallstones, biliary dyskinesia, and cholecystitis. Should you experience concerning symptoms associated with your gastrointestinal tract, then it is imperative for you to contact a GI specialist in your community as soon as you can so you can be screened for problems like gallbladder disease. As a physician-led network of GI specialists, we are well-equipped with modern treatment options for individuals suffering from gallbladder disease. To find an experienced gastroenterologist who offers treatment for gallbladder disease in Houston, TX, reach out to a location near you today.
(Translated by Google) Very practical and professional! Also the staff! (Original) Muy practico y profesional!! Tambien el personal !
You guys help me take better control of my liver and the staff is outstanding
Very wonderful Staff and facility
Dr Raj is well experienced, informative and knowledgeable. He uses his excellent listening skills along with his clinical expertise to form a good plan for his patient.
Professional personnel. Everyone gives you a warm welcome. Dr. Ojeas listens to patient"s concerns. I would highly recommended Dr. Ojeas as an excellent Dr.